Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Blog 12: Home Recording Studio


As I said in Blog 1, technology has truly changed the world of music. Going to a recording studio was pretty normal if you wanted to make songs a few years ago, but now more and more people are setting up their own recording studios at home.

http://blog.dubspot.com/electronic-music-home-studio-setup/

This website talks about how to get your own home recording studio for under a thousand dollars! I find this very interesting because I am currently trying to create my own studio for personal reasons. I want to start producing music for myself and others. I like making hip hop beats and having other people rap over them. I need to do some research about different equipment but I have a good idea of what I need. I would like to record some vocals and have the opportunity to record an instrument or two at the same time. I own multiple guitars and have access to many other instruments including basses, a trumpet, a trombone, a saxophone, a violin, and a clarinet. I will use my DAW (Blog 1) to make the beat of the song, edit the song, mix the song, and master the song. I am still learning how everything works in the software, but it will be hard because there is so much to know. My plan is to get all of the equipment I need, create a good studio-oriented setup, start recording and make beats.

My Equipment So Far:


  • Two KRK RP6G2 Rokit G2 6-inch Powered Studio Monitors


These three items have really helped me progress in music production. I really love being submersed in music and other people as passionate as I am. Some people do not like how accessible music production is because they think it takes away from talented musicians, but I believe it causes people to be more creative in what music they make. I would like to spend a good amount of time on furthering my skills with music production. You can do it too! 

2 comments:

  1. That's really good idea, If you have low budget and you can't able to afford the original studio. Than the home recording studio idea is really good. Because most of the can't afford the cost of recoding studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome home based recording setup. I have also setup a home based recording studio of mine while reading the article here http://latestcomputergadgets.com/how-to-set-up-a-home-recording-studio-under-1000/

    ReplyDelete