Sunday, January 13, 2013

ISTA 401 Introduction

Bryan LaFrese
ISTA 401

I have some previous programming experience with java since I took a Computer Science class (CSC 127A) in the Spring of 2011. I recently took a Web Design class and learned how to make functional websites with HTML and CSS. In Professor Kelland's Computing and the Arts class (ISTA 301) I was introduced to Processing. I created a colorful and interactive piece of art that can be found here.

I work at the Office of Student Computing Resources's (OSCR) multimedia labs as a Multimedia Consultant. I assist people with video editing programs such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and iMovie. There is a wide range of software offered at these computer labs. My passion within the multimedia programs are Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) which can play a major role in audio production. I like to use Ableton and FL Studio but I am currently in a class called Technology of Sound (ISTA 302) which will give me hands on experience in the latest version of Reason. Here is my soundcloud with some beats I made: http://www.soundcloud.com/lafreseb.

One of my passions in life is to create music and beats with computer programs. At home I have the equipment to record, edit, and produce music. I have studio monitors, a bass, a guitar, a violin, a clarinet, a microphone, an 88 key keyboard functioning as a MIDI controller, a laptop with audio editing programs installed, and an audio interface connecting everything to the laptop. You could consider it a home studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment